• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOS- Speeding ticket 75 in 55 on Taconic Parkway NY near town of Milan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acerx

I need major help here. I was giving a speeding ticket on the Taconic state parkway, in addition the state trooper gave me 4 tickets for tinted windows. I have good driving record and have not gotten any tickets in the past. Im daily driver on the TSP to Albany and I know where these troopers hide on the TSP in the bushes and on the hills etc... I was careless and i was speeding but i dont think i was going 75/55. i need advice ...what are my options. Of course i pleaded not guilty to both! but as the court date is coming soon, im getting nervous.... there is nothing specific about the court of Milan. i did read the general to dos! but anything additional would help.

one of my client is Police officer for local town and he said it was odd for him to give me 4 violations for tints! is this a message for the DA to really rape me in court....im really going insane anything would be nice...

I hope lot of TSP Drivers are here!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm not sure what you are asking for...

You say don't know how fast you were going but you don't think it was 75...the officer says that he knows you were going 75 (at least). Who do you think is more believable?

Das ist in der Doktor

I need major help here. I was giving a speeding ticket on the Taconic state parkway, in addition the state trooper gave me 4 tickets for tinted windows. I have good driving record and have not gotten any tickets in the past. Im daily driver on the TSP to Albany and I know where these troopers hide on the TSP in the bushes and on the hills etc... I was careless and i was speeding but i dont think i was going 75/55. i need advice ...what are my options. Of course i pleaded not guilty to both! but as the court date is coming soon, im getting nervous.... there is nothing specific about the court of Milan. i did read the general to dos! but anything additional would help.

one of my client is Police officer for local town and he said it was odd for him to give me 4 violations for tints! is this a message for the DA to really rape me in court....im really going insane anything would be nice...

hope lot of TSP Drivers are here!
Nope, they use other words for that one.

That's, you had a good record...

Get rid of the tint and slow down.
Good luck!

.._____________________________
~ Free advice is like a public defender,
you get what you pay for. ~ drr.

Bali Hai

I hope lot of TSP Drivers are here!
Sounds like you have a good driving record because everyone else on the road is watching out for your aggressive reckless driving.

Maybe that trooper has observed you in the past and decided it's time to give you a wake up call.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Of course i pleaded not guilty to both!
Both WHAT? You said you received five tickets.

Technically one ticket should be issued for each piece of glass that is in violation. Nothing surprising there. While they are not correctable violations removing the tint and bringing REAL proof of such to court may help.

You will meet with the prosecutor on your court date who will offer you a deal - take it or leave it. If you decline the offer you will be given a trial date to return and face the Trooper in court. That's how it works.

Since you have no viable defense I'd consider taking whatever offer the prosecutor gives you.

acerx

Update - SOS- Speeding ticket 75 in 55 on Taconic Parkway NY near town of Milan

I have some good news, and i appreciate you all giving me your input. I had a court date, as i walked into talk to the DA she said "why did the police office give you 4 tickets for windows"? i said im not sure, before i get a chance to say anything she said im throwing them all out. She said based on my record she can plea down the speeding ticket to parking violation. I gladley paid and it was good day. Just a side note, if you were going to request supporting document just know that the state police is really good, all the documents were submitted to the court and the police officer that gave me the ticket was there as well. FYI this perticular court doesnt accept checks at all - bring CASH and if you want to pay with credit there is up charge of 5% on total of fine.

hope this helps anyone - yes be careful of these state troopers they are sneaky - if they could they would hide on the tree nam style!

adjusterjack

I have some good news, and i appreciate you all giving me your input. I had a court date, as i walked into talk to the DA she said "why did the police office give you 4 tickets for windows"? i said im not sure, before i get a chance to say anything she said im throwing them all out. She said based on my record she can plea down the speeding ticket to parking violation. I gladley paid and it was good day.
You dodged a bullet.

I've been on the Taconic (and the Bronx River Parkway, Sprain, Saw Mill River Parkway) many times and 75mph is reckless and stupid.

Next time you get caught they'll have a record of this time and it won't go so easy (I hope).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">