• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

southcarolina speeding ticket someone help me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fone50xlt

What is the name of your state? southcarloina
alright this is my first ticket ever.. i was on my way home from the doctor and i was going alittle to fast the officer got me for 74 in a 45. i honestly thought it was a 55mph speed zone. anyways my court date is may 9th and the bond is $440 and 6 points. first time going to court and i need alittle advice.. also on the ticket he spelled my first name wrong by one letter and he wrote it up as an auto not a truck and i was in a truck.. will they drop it or is that nothing to big? thanks
-Fone50xlt

S

seniorjudge

fone50xlt said:
What is the name of your state? southcarloina
alright this is my first ticket ever.. i was on my way home from the doctor and i was going alittle to fast the officer got me for 74 in a 45. i honestly thought it was a 55mph speed zone. anyways my court date is may 9th and the bond is $440 and 6 points. first time going to court and i need alittle advice.. also on the ticket he spelled my first name wrong by one letter and he wrote it up as an auto not a truck and i was in a truck.. will they drop it or is that nothing to big? thanks
-Fone50xlt
There is nothing in your post which would indicate that the ticket is invalid.

And, by the way, don't say to the judge, "I thought I was exceeding the speed limit by only 16 miles an hour!"

lwpat

South Carolina Speeding Ticket

The mistakes on the ticket are not sufficient for a dismissal. The judge will normally allow the officer to ammend the ticket. Your first court date is an arraignment where you can negotiate or plead not guilty. Normally the officer is the prosecuter and you will usually be offered a reduction in return for a guilty plea. You can go on another trial day and find out what happens to others with a similar charge. If you decide to plead not guilty you can have either a trial by judge you are guilty or request a jury trial.

Considering the significance of the charge and what it will do to your insurance premiums you may want to retain an attorney.

It will also pay you to consider traffic school for the insurance reduction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">