• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed Limit Sign Placement in Washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yrulokin4me

What is the name of your state? WA

I have looked all around the RCW codes and I cannot find the code on the placement of speed limit signs. Can anyone direct me to where I can find the information on where a speed limit sign should be placed, how long it needs to be visible to be a valid sign? Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Trevor

Hey There

Trevor
4-1-08

25 mph in residential districts unless posted otherwise.
I had no luck finding standards for speed limit sign placement in Washington State either.
For Placement of speed limit signs in a city contact the city dept.
For County Roads contact the county.
For the Highway contact the State Highway Administration.

The Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, or MUTCD defines the standards used by road managers nationwide to install and maintain traffic control devices on all streets and highways. The MUTCD is published by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) under 23 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 655, Subpart F.

Hopes this helps.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">