• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed ticket can be appealled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT
Yesterday afternoon I got a speed ticket which indicated my speed was 42 mph at 25 mph zone.
When I saw an officer car turned on his lights when he was driving in the opposite direction, he passed me and made an U turn, so I pulled over only about 30 feet after the speed limit sign (25mph). I am pretty sure when he first saw me, I was still before the speed limit sign. This was the first speed limit sign in the street in this direction as there was a sharp turn. Shortly after the turn, the second speed limit sign is increased 40 mph.

The ticket had shown the violation address which was the place I pulled over or stopped, not the place he first saw me.

Is there any chance I can win in the court appeal? Should I bring some photos to show the distance between the stopped car and the speed limit sign?

The Occultist

"Appeal" is something that happens AFTER you are found guilty in a court of law.

The address posted on the ticket will likely not affect your outcome in any way.

The only way to beat this is to somehow prove that you were not going above 25mph through the 25mph zone. Pictures might help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">