• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed trap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigoltom

Alabama

I was pulled over for doing 81 in a 70. I was looking at my ticket and the radar operator is listed as Sgt. Doyal, but the officers name was donte vincent. Can this ticket be dismissed based on that?

justalayman

It may simply be that there was one guy running the radar gun and then he radioed ahead to another officer who pulled people over. If it isn't, it is surely worth a shot to dispute the ticket.

Based on the information given, I cannot see a dismissal being issued. Not all witnesses are listed on the ticket. The officer who observed you speeding needs to give testimony (heck, it could be both .. they both can visually estimate your speed)...

You going to contest given this information?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">