• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speed traps illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mc28

What is the name of your state? california

i was pulled over for speeding yesterday morning on the freeway by a cop that was hiding on a closed carpool lane interchange. the interchange makes it to where the cop was not visible to oncoming traffic. is this a speed trap and is it illegal? also i have the wrong date written on my ticket, does any of that help?

thanks for any helpl

racer72

Why would the officer pull a stunt that could result in citations being dismissed? From your description, the officer did nothing wrong.

M

mc28

???

thats why i am asking if speed traps are illegal in the state of ca. because if they are then i would contest in court that what he performed was a speed trap and therefore he illegally pulled me over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">