• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

71Beetle

What is the name of your state? Kansas
I was stopped for speeding in Leavenworth County, Kansas. The Police Officer wrote me up for 46 in a 30 zone. I have a witness to account for the fallowing.. I was at a stop light and proceeded"NORTH". He tagged me in a matter of TWO blocks of going 46mph. For one thing, that is impossible for the 30,000 GVW truck I was in. The most important item on the ticket is this. He wrote on the ticket that I was heading "SOUTH" not "NORTH". What do you think my chances of getting this dropped?? Do I need a Attorney?? :confused:

spawn_x

sure it is.

get the speed records on that vehicle to see how fast it can accelerate.

if the fastest possible acceleration is still less than 46mph in 2 blocks then you have a chance. however if you can possibly (according to the manufacturer) reach 46mph in 2 blocks then you're screwed i'd say.

i learned one thing though, that witnesses don't mean much against an officer's word in court.

what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

If were the DA, I would raise a hearsay objection. If you want to get those records in, get a rep from the company that compiles the data and make sure he/she si VERY familiar with the mechanics of the data compilation process.

The court wants to verify the data is accurate from a reliable source to determine its worth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">