• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding 26+ in Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbussen

Tennessee
Ticketed Kentucky

I was on my way from TN to OH this holiday season in a rental and was passing a slow moving car. I obviously wasnt used the the new power of this rental and wasnt watching my speed. I was radared doing 98 in a 65 while driving through Kentucky. Now it is mandatory in KY that you go to court if you are 26+ over the speed limit. My concern is that I might go to jail. Is that possible for this offense? The officer also put careless driving on the citation as well. Also will the fact that I had occupants in the vehicle with me play a role? Thank you.

seniorjudge

Tennessee
Ticketed Kentucky

I was on my way from TN to OH this holiday season in a rental and was passing a slow moving car. I obviously wasnt used the the new power of this rental and wasnt watching my speed. I was radared doing 98 in a 65 while driving through Kentucky. Now it is mandatory in KY that you go to court if you are 26+ over the speed limit. My concern is that I might go to jail. Is that possible for this offense? The officer also put careless driving on the citation as well. Also will the fact that I had occupants in the vehicle with me play a role? Thank you.
I doubt that you will go to jail for speeding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">