• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding 30 in a 15 in PA clocked by ESP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlentz32

What is the name of your state? PA

Received a speeding ticket in PA, Hampden Township, Cumberland County, on 9/9/2005, pleading not guilty. Under Nature of Offense: Speeding 30 MPH, Allowed 15 MPH using ESP. Officer said that the cut off speed for tickets was 28 mph and that ESP has a 5 mph margin of error. The ticket was in a school zone but the officer said they were not applying a double fine for that. The ESP device was located on a road about 1/2 mile from my house and I was in a traffic flow. The officer said the car in front of me was also speeding but he chose to pull me over.

Can I make a case based on the margin of error for ESP- that my speed could have been 25 mph and if so it would have been under their cut off speed of 28 mph for tickets?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">