• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding 34/25 - Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AJackson729

I just received a speeding ticket for going 34/25. I usually never speed and have a clean driving record. This comes at a terrible time for me financially and I want to try and do anything I can to have this ticket dismissed. I attempted to reason with the officer to no avail and I am now looking at other options.

One suggestion I saw online was to write the officer a letter. I would like to try this option except I have no idea how to get the officer's information. He listed his name on the ticket and I tried googling it and found his facebook page. I am 100% sure the page belongs to the same officer who ticketed me. I would much rather write him a professional looking letter, but if this is my final option, should I send him a facebook message or would that do more harm than good? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

FlyingRon

What makes you think reasoning, writing, or otherwise harassing the officer is going to make a difference.

Go to court, if you have no recent priors ask for the option to take VADIP (driving school) for having the charge dismissed or reduced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">