• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbpfan

What is the name of your state? California

My son was driving his car and I was behind him driving mine. A CHP coming the other direction turned around and pulled us over at the same time. He clocked my son at 72 and me at 70 in a 55 mph zone. After writing the tickets he unknownly had me sign my sons ticket and my son sign mine. When our tickets came in the mail his was more due to being clocked at a higher speed. Do we have a chance at beating these tickets due to signing the wrong ones.

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? California

My son was driving his car and I was behind him driving mine. A CHP coming the other direction turned around and pulled us over at the same time. He clocked my son at 72 and me at 70 in a 55 mph zone. After writing the tickets he unknownly had me sign my sons ticket and my son sign mine. When our tickets came in the mail his was more due to being clocked at a higher speed. Do we have a chance at beating these tickets due to signing the wrong ones.
The failure to sign isn't going to get you out of the speeding violation. The signature is just acknowledgement of the obligation to appear in court on the charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">