• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChyNJake

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennslyvania
Tonight i was coming home from a friends house on route 30. I was in the left lane passing 3 other vehicles. there was a truck in front of me whe i realized there was a cop behind me. When the cop pulled me over he asked what was going on. i told him i was on my way home to get my son. he then told me i was speeding 92mph in a 55mph zone. Only asked me for my liscense no registration or anything else. He went to his car came back and told me i would recieve a citation in the mail in a few days and then told me to be careful going home. My question is if i was doing 92 wouldnt i of lost my liscense on the spot? And why am i getting the sitation in the mail and not right then? Plus i didnt sign anything. Im also a school bus driver and have a valid cdl class b with state certifications or other tickets.

Reason4276

The Officer can use discretion when issuing a citation. Sounds like he choose to issue you one for speed and not for a reckless operation. Each county/state is different in the way citation are issued. With technology advancing these days, mailing electronic citations are becoming more and more popular. Checking the registration of the vehicle is not need in some instances, especially if you are the registered owner of the vehicle and the plates/vehicle/and ID all match. Your signature on any citation does not prove innocence nor guilt, it is simply your agreement to appear in court on your scheduled date and time and also your acknowledgement of receiving the citation. As for your CDL, it will not effect your CDL status unless you were operating a vehicle that would require the use of a CDL Class B.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Though this will not affect the status of your CDL, however, it would be advisable to try and negotiate amendment to a non moving violation. It could result in your employer firing you or make you unemployable in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">