• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barb99

I have to drive 3 hours to go to another county for a $200 speeding ticket. It was 4 points. What happens if I go to court? Wisconsin

sandyclaus

I have to drive 3 hours to go to another county for a $200 speeding ticket. It was 4 points. What happens if I go to court? Wisconsin
Who knows? Anything is possible. Or, the judge could just tell you to pay the ticket (which you could have done by mailing in the ticket and saved the time and gas to drive there).

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
From dmv.com

Many citations do not require a court appearance, and you may admit guilt by paying the ticket directly. The citation will indicate how and by what date to pay the fine. Send a check or money order to the address mentioned on the ticket. Ensure that your driver license number and ticket number are mentioned on the back of the check/money order. If you wish to dispute the citation, you must appear in court personally on the scheduled date, and enter a "not guilty" plea. While you may be able to negotiate with the prosecuting attorney, a trial will be scheduled if no agreement is reached. A trial gives you an opportunity to fight the traffic ticket in front of a judge or jury, and most people prefer to hire a traffic ticket lawyer to defend them in court. If you are unable to attend court on the scheduled date, inform the court and make arrangements for a new date. Failing to do so could result in a warrant being put out for your arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">