• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding 65 in a 35 zone in MD: Trial or guilty wi explanation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DoctorPhil

Hello - I was cited for doing 65 in a 35 zone. In Maryland, 30 MPH over is 5 points, while 29MPH over is 2 points. Should I
- ask for a trial, bring a lawyer, and hope they will bargain with me to avoid having to go through a trial
- ask for a plea of Guilty with Explanation, which involves a judge but not the police officer or a trial?

ENASNI

DoctorPhil said:
Hello - I was cited for doing 65 in a 35 zone. In Maryland, 30 MPH over is 5 points, while 29MPH over is 2 points. Should I
- ask for a trial, bring a lawyer, and hope they will bargain with me to avoid having to go through a trial
- ask for a plea of Guilty with Explanation, which involves a judge but not the police officer or a trial?

What is your explanation, late for a taping of Oprah?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">