• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding 83/65

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dtan

New York State

I was charged for speeding at 83 mph in 65 mph zone (VTL 1180 0D) by a state trooper in an unmarked vehicle, although most of the other vehicles were travelling around 80+ mph.

The court has imposed a fine of $135.00 and New York State surcharge of $85.00, and if payment is not received before due date, "the Department of Motor Vehicles in Albany will be ordered to suspend your driver's license."

Does the suspension of driver's license impact me if I do not have a NYS driver's license, but an out-of-state or foreign driver's license instead? If no payment is made, can it lead to an arrest and conviction? Is there a statute of limitations?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">