• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in AZ.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeda

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ.

Hello,
How close to the mile marker does the ticket, marked mile marker have to be, i was pulled over at (243) just shy of 2miles from where the written mile marker (245) on the ticket. the officer was at (244), unable to see us at (245),(three other cars), because of a curve and a mountain was obstruction his vision, he was one mile from where he claims i was speeding at. Unless he has superman vision. LOL. he was unable to see us. Until we were almost at mile marker 244.
At the point where we passed him parked at 244, going about 62 in a 55, down hill, it changes to 65, where he pulled me over was after that sign, about 1/2 mile. he turned on his lights after the 65 posted sign.
the ticket does not agree with what he said "i clocked you going 61 & 62 in a 55.”
28.702.01.c ARS, SPEEDING, CIVIL TRAFFIC, 70 in a 55.
Items used were RADAR, VASCAR, & OTHER.
I have a company truck and they are very strict 2pts in 6yrs. This is my first ticket in over 10yrs.
Do have a chance on court or not, do I have a leg to stand on or not, well, I do have two. Other wise it is school.
I was told that he is to show me the radar, he didn’t, & VASCAR is not accurate, human error on reflex time. Don’t know what, Other is.
Advice would be helpful.
Thank you , mikedaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The Occultist

I was told that he is to show me the radar
You were misinformed. Police officers are not required to show you the reading, and most would (and shouldn't!) for safety reasons.

If you have not taken traffic school in the last 3 years, you should be allowed to take it (this can even be taken at your convenience online) and this will allow your charges to be dropped. Do note that this is absolutely NOT true if you are using a CDL.

mikeda

speeding in az

hello again,
thanks for the info, i do not have a cdl. just d.o.t.
that are your thoughts on the mile markers and the distances?
thanks again
mikeda

The Occultist

The actual physical location noted on the citation being slightly off will not invalidate the citation. If you feel the officer's location caused him to see something he didn't, take pictures of the area(s) and draw out some diagrams and see what the judge thinks about it.

If you do plan on fighting this, I always advise seeking the aid of a traffic attorney. A local attorney knows exactly what the courts like to hear, and as such has the highest potential in yielding the most favorable outcomes. Many attorneys will offer free/cheap consultations, so take advantage of that and sit down a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">