• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding but it was not me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fun_tigger

What is the name of your state?
IL

I was recently given a ticket for speeding on the highway. The officer sayed he used a radar as well as marked me. (I'm not even sure what marked means). However, the officer was travelling in the opposite direction on the higway. He made a u-turn through the grass at least 550 ft in front of me. There were several other cars on the highway. I am not sure if the officer radared one of them or some other moving object, but I can tell you for sure it was not me. Is there anything I can do?

racer72

Heard a little story that fits your situation just fine. Consider a lake full of fish. On this lake in a boat is a single fisherman. He has one pole with one hook and one piece of bait. All he wants to do is catch one fish. Which fish gets caught depends on where the fisherman drops anchor. On that particular day, one fish is not going to be happy. On the day the officer pulled you over, you were that fish.

You present no evidence that the officer did anything wrong or that the citation was not warranted. If you wish to fight the citation, I would advise you to visit a local attorney. Initial consultations are relatively cheap, even free in some cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">