• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwaldo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Hi, I was recently pulled over for going 84 mph on Rt 84 in CT. The ticket is quite high and I know my insurance will go up if I admit guilt and pay it. I was hoping for some advice as to pleading not guilty and if it is worth it? Should i find a lawyer? Also, what are the chances that they will increase my fine if I should go to court? Thanks!

sukharev

First, make a decision if you want to fight the ticket. If no, then go to court and you will likely have opportunity to talk to prosecutor, DA or officer before trial. They will probably offer to reduce the fine, although in exchange for a guilty plea. In best case scenario, they would also offer a deal with no points, but that's not very likely. Find out in advance what your options are as far as insurance (if there are any conditions you can be under, like 1st offence, etc.)

If you do want to fight the ticket, do your homework by searching this forum, then web, then library. There are a number of options, and it all depends on your circumstances. Ask pointed questions (like how to do discovery), and I can try to help. You can definitely try to find a good lawyer, look them up in the yellow pages, preferably with address close to the court. Be prepared to pay through the nose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">