• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding and driving without a license while on inforal probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dd09149

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
california

hello i recently got a ticket for driving without a license and speeding and I'm on informal probation for a previous incident. Do you know what will happen? I didnt tell the officer I was on informal probation.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
california

hello i recently got a ticket for driving without a license and speeding and I'm on informal probation for a previous incident. Do you know what will happen? I didnt tell the officer I was on informal probation.
you didn't need to tell him. he already know. your license was suspended. you weren't supposed to be driving. at all.

a probation violation reinstates your original sentence in addition to the probation violation sentence,

dd09149

its ok but wat does that mean
ive been going to my classes n paying my fines. is there a way to just pay a fine and not go to jail.

What was you sentence for the assault? 1 yr jail suspended / probation for 2 yrs?? Look to your assault sentence .. if you don't know, don't worry .. you'll find out.

I_Got_Banned

This may all depend upon whether the driving without a license was cited as an infraction (marked with an "I" on the citation) or as a misdemeanor (marked with an "M").

The outcome will also depend on whether you're able to get a valid license at any time in the near future.

dd09149

my sentence was 3 years of informal probation and 52 weeks of those assault/anger management classes and 8 hours of community service

I_Got_Banned

my sentence was 3 years of informal probation and 52 weeks of those assault/anger management classes and 8 hours of community service
Usually, driving while unlicensed gets charged as an infraction. However, depending on the your local court procedure, there is a chance that they may review the case before it is filed, and it is possible for the DA (and later the judge) to find out that you are currently on probation.

Were you represented by an attorney in your assault case?

If so, it might be a good idea to call him/her. If not then it maybe in your best interest to speak with one NOW (as in BEFORE you appear in court for your recent citation.

dd09149

i didnt have an attorney when i was sentenced for the previous misdeameanor , how may i get one? can i obtain a drivers license right now will that help? also these happened in separate court rooms one in westminster and the next one in fullerton :confused:

I_Got_Banned

i didnt have an attorney when i was sentenced for the previous misdeameanor , how may i get one?
You can hire one on your own or if it is charged as a misdemeanor and you cannot afford an attorney, you may qualify for a public defender (based on your income level). You'll have to check with the court for more details.

can i obtain a drivers license right now will that help?
It may help to get your license restored, but I have no idea why it was suspended to begin with so I wouldn't know if you can get one or not.

also these happened in separate court rooms one in westminster and the next one in fullerton :confused:
It doesn't matter...

dd09149

quote:
it may help to get your license restored, but I have no idea why it was suspended to begin with so I wouldn't know if you can get one or not.

ive never had a drivers license

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">