• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding/DWS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momof2DD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I got stopped and found out that I had a suspended license. I did get a letter from the court saying that if I don`t pay it they will suspend my DL, so I had my friend go pay it for me because I had to work. Well little do I know I was driving while suspended for like a month. She said she paid it but she could not have because the court never got the money for the fine. I asked her for the reciept and she kept saying that she was going to give it to me and time passed and I forgot. I got stopped for speeding on the interstate, I was not speeding. I always set my speed to my garmin so that I know I am not speeding. I am on the highway a lot and like I said I always set my speed according to my garmin. I have passed so many cops so if my speed was off I would have been pulled over long time ago. I was just wondering if I could ask for a lesser charge than DWS or what my best bet would be. I did ask for production of documents from the state trooper asking for his maint. records, calibration checks, and his certification. I got the maint. records only...

cyjeff

What you need to do right now is go take care of the suspension.

All you can then do is go to the judge and beg for leniency. Explain the situation. Bring the friend to court with you... even if her story is "yeah, I spent the money she gave me on these great slingback pumps that just HAD to be mine... and I have been lying to her for months".

Then, we will worry why I even KNOW the term slingback pumps.

momof2DD

Just to mention, I never got arrested when I got pulled over. My mother was with me and the officer just let her drive. I am a little confused by the term slingback pumps...

What you need to do right now is go take care of the suspension.

All you can then do is go to the judge and beg for leniency. Explain the situation. Bring the friend to court with you... even if her story is "yeah, I spent the money she gave me on these great slingback pumps that just HAD to be mine... and I have been lying to her for months".

Then, we will worry why I even KNOW the term slingback pumps.

cyjeff

If you got ticketed for the suspension, you need to do the above.

You usually do not get arrested for traffic violations... though driving on a suspended license can do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">