• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding endorsement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

publicacc

Hi, newbie here...

I am a Brit expat living in Thailand.

Towards the end of last year I applied for and received a UK photocard driving license, to replace my pink paper driving license.

At the time I did not notice that the counterpart to my photocard license shows an endorsement for speeding together with a fine of �135 and 3 penalty points. The date of the offence is given as 24 March 2012.

I have never had any endorsements, and also had no knowledge of the offence until recently. My passport confirms I was in Thailand on that date and for several months before and after, so I could not have committed the offence, and having obviously not paid the fine I am concerned this may result in legal complications at some future time.

Is it possible to challenge the endorsement, more than 3 years after it was issued?

On a side note, is it possible to find out the registration details of the vehicle I was supposedly driving? This would likely point to the person responsible for fingering me in my absence. I am quite sure I already know who this is, as I had allowed a homeless 'friend' to stay in my flat whilst I was travelling (I know, never again), which resulted in him stealing a load of my property and also using my credit and debit cards without my knowledge or consent to the tune of more than �10,000.

Tia

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hi, newbie here...

I am a Brit expat living in Thailand.

Towards the end of last year I applied for and received a UK photocard driving license, to replace my pink paper driving license.

At the time I did not notice that the counterpart to my photocard license shows an endorsement for speeding together with a fine of �135 and 3 penalty points. The date of the offence is given as 24 March 2012.

I have never had any endorsements, and also had no knowledge of the offence until recently. My passport confirms I was in Thailand on that date and for several months before and after, so I could not have committed the offence, and having obviously not paid the fine I am concerned this may result in legal complications at some future time.

Is it possible to challenge the endorsement, more than 3 years after it was issued?

On a side note, is it possible to find out the registration details of the vehicle I was supposedly driving? This would likely point to the person responsible for fingering me in my absence. I am quite sure I already know who this is, as I had allowed a homeless 'friend' to stay in my flat whilst I was travelling (I know, never again), which resulted in him stealing a load of my property and also using my credit and debit cards without my knowledge or consent to the tune of more than �10,000.

Tia
This site deals with US law, only. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">