• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding (ENRADD) and Careless Driving Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marcel90

Hello,

I got a Speeding Ticket a few days ago.

I was driving home from a friends house at 12:05 am and got pulled over on a 3 lane highway by local LEOs. The officer said that he clocked me doing 87 MPH and gave me a ticket for 70+mph in a 55mph zone. He also asked me to step out of my vehicle and ask me to stay on one foot, walk on the line, follow the flashlight with my eyes and so on. According to the officer I switched my feet wrong and he wanted to give me a breathalyzer test to which I responded that I just finished my beer about half an hour ago and that I would rather take a blood test. The officer then said that the test is just to see if he can let me drive home or not and that the device is not property calibrated. So I took the test and blew a .087%. So he gave me a careless driving ticket.

How should I go about this? I decided to fight the ticket and should probably get a lawyer but I don't even know how to go about that.

I currently have 3 points on my license (I think) and can't afford 3 additional points.

The officer also told me that by giving me two tickets I will only get the points from the ticket with the higher points. Is that true?

Just Blue

Hello,

I got a Speeding Ticket a few days ago.

I was driving home from a friends house at 12:05 am and got pulled over on a 3 lane highway by local LEOs. The officer said that he clocked me doing 87 MPH and gave me a ticket for 70+mph in a 55mph zone. He also asked me to step out of my vehicle and ask me to stay on one foot, walk on the line, follow the flashlight with my eyes and so on. According to the officer I switched my feet wrong and he wanted to give me a breathalyzer test to which I responded that I just finished my beer about half an hour ago and that I would rather take a blood test. The officer then said that the test is just to see if he can let me drive home or not and that the device is not property calibrated. So I took the test and blew a .087%. So he gave me a careless driving ticket.

How should I go about this? I decided to fight the ticket and should probably get a lawyer but I don't even know how to go about that.

I currently have 3 points on my license (I think) and can't afford 3 additional points.

The officer also told me that by giving me two tickets I will only get the points from the ticket with the higher points. Is that true?
What State are you in?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Sounds like you need an attorney. What was the basis for the careless driving ticket? I'm assuming the PBT results are not admissible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">