• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in Excess of 37 m.p.h.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nick_Savas

Recently I was pulled over for travelling 92 mph in a 55 mph speed limit. My ticket was written for 37 mph over. The infraction took place in Oconee County Georgia. I am under 21 years of age and was wondering if the court allows nolo contendere pleas would I be able to plea nolo contendere and still retain my license? If not what are my options? I have enrolled in defensive driving, signed up to do community service in Oconee County, and I plan to write a letter to the officer who issued the ticket.
I had also heard that in traffic cases where a defense lawyer is hired, the lawyer contacts the District Attorney and discusses an offer of alternate punishments in return for a reduction of the speed of the offender. Is this how the defense works in a speeding case where the speeders guilt is undeniable?
Thanks,
Nick S.

Sounds like you are doing the right stuff but you really need to retain an attorney to maximize the chances to minimize the damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">