• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding on Georgia 400

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MacGyver221

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was pulled over this afternoon for doing 84 in a 65 (19 over). In any event, I've looked some things up and am still confused by a few things.

Insurance: I'm under 25 and I really need to keep this off my insurance. I know the 14 and under rule but need some clarifications.

1) How do I go about asking to have the ticket reduced?

2) If I plead nolo (I'd really rather not) and the points stay off my license, do I still have to report it to my insurance?

3) If I take a defensive driving course, would that help me get the ticket lowered? OR what exactly does taking such a class do for you in this situation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Maestro64

You might want to check this guys site out

http://thegeorgiaspeedingticketkiller.com/home.php

He has lots of information about Georgia's traffic laws and how to defend yourself. He will help out and provide some basic information for free. He only charges if you want to buy his defense package, which much of it you can find yourself if you look hard enough and know what to look for.

Also, you do not report tickets to your insurance company, they will check your record with the DMV if nothing shows up there then they can not increase your insurance. So before you answer the question of do you have any tickets, make sure what you DMV record says.

Most State approved driving classes allow you to keep so many points off your record for a period of time. If GA allows this and you complete the class then it should not show on your DMV.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">