• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

en4ev

What is the name of your state? IL

Hi there it is my first time here.... So here what happen I was driving in 2:30 am in Saturday on Interstate 90/94 and I got ticket for speeding for 100 on 55 I know I have done something wrong, but still can I go to jail or what kind of fine I can get. The ticket is mark as 11-601(b) 100 MPH on 55 MPH witch is not right because of the law of IL they are say is 11-601.5 and this is on the bottem of the ticket. Which one I will be on? What can happen to me.

Thanks Steve

Hey There

AN ANSWER to your question

3-12-08
en4ev

The ticket is mark as 11-601(b) 100 MPH on 55 MPH
right because of the law of IL they are say is 11-601.5 and this is on the bottem of the ticket
According to the Illinois Traffic Offenses .

IVC =IL Vehicle Code=11601(b)
EDPM Offence Code =06019
ABSTRACT DESCRIPTION CODE=06019
DESCRIPTION OF OFFENSE=Over 29 MPH above limit (a serious violation if committed in a commercial motor vehicle
POINTS=50 points

IVC=IL Vehicle Code=11.601.5
EDPM Offence Code=06019
ABSTRACT DESCRIPTION CODE=06019
DESCRIPTION OF OFFENSE=Driving 40 MPH or more in excess of the applicable speed limit (a serious violation if committed in a commercial motor vehicle)
POINTS=50 points

(Source:Traffic Court website)
Class A Misdemeanor jail up to 364 days or fine of $1 to $2,500 or both.
Speeding 40 or more miles over the speed limit is one example listed.
To get more information on this type in Illinois Traffic Offenses
in the Google search window. This will bring up a page will the website Traffic Court. which gives information on court procedure and rules.Dated 2006 this is the most current site I've located
The initial court date is for arraignment(enter plea)
A defendant is entitled to a jury trial
A defendant is entitled to a lawyer and the website recommends that the defendant obtain one.(Ask the court if they will assign you one if you are unable to afford one yourself)
Speeding Ticket -- Fighting or Plea Bargaining gives information which will help you understand your options. The method the officer used to clock your speed might be in error and this website explains the many ways this can occur.
When appearing in court and entering a not guilty plea the only thing the defendant has to contest is the violation itself. A not guilty plea is the defendant simply asking the court to prove he is guilty of the violation he IS CHARGED with or dismiss the charges.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">