• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rock Dysan

I am a little worried right now of losing my liscense. Today I got a speeding ticket for 55 in a 35 zone. I am not going to fight the ticket because I know I am guilty, but is there a way to keep it off my record? I already was on court supervision back in October, and to make matters worse, Monday I have a court date to contest a rolling stop. for the rolling stop, it was 1 am, and from the vantage point of where the officer would be, the stop sign is very hard to see. if it is hard to see that, how could they judge if i stopped or not? any help would be greatly appreciated

V

Vincent Cosent

Can you prove to the court that the officer couldn't possibly have seen you?You can always plead not guilty and if he dosen't show.

R

Rock Dysan

for the speeding ticket? no, wide open street and the officer decided not to bust me for drag racing. for the stop sign? i can prove that from the location that they saw me, you cannot distinguish where the stop sign is. for my stop sign case, will they take into account that i got a speeding ticket this week?

S

speds

Where are you in Illinois - the same thing just happened to me (a speed trap) and I found out the speed limit is actually 40 but the officer cited me for speedingin a 35 mph zone - so the offense is wrong on the ticket. Could that possibly have happened to you? Did you look over the ticket thoroughly to see if there are any errors, etc? I plan to fight mine...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">