• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in Mass on I-95 going 96+mph in 65mph

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FunkySoul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Got pulled over at 4:30 AM monday morning when I was heading back home from work.... in super low traffic clear weather 96+mph in 65mph zone I-95 on ticket its posted, radar & estimated.

The officer asked me whats the rush ( I told him I just got out of work and I was trying to get home quick) 5 min later he gave me a $300 ticket... I asked if I could get a warning as he was walking away he said absolutly not especially going over 90+mph

What's my chance of getting this dissmissed/lowered???? I'm going to ask for a court hearing and I haven't had a citation in 7yrs.....how badly am I screwed ????

Thank You

"Chad"

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Forget about the traffic conditions and the weather. Speed limits are absolute. You don't get to exceed them when you're alone on the highway in good weather. Those aren't even a mitigating factors.

davew128

I don't care what the conditions were. 96? Fortunately for you Mass doesn't have a criminal statute for excessive speed. Asking for a warning? Seriously? State troopers don't give warnings, especially when not deserved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">