• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in NC, need help with PJC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mark_S

Hey,
I am 16 years old and i live in NC. I just recently recieved a speeding ticket for 54mph in a 35mph zone. I was coming off a highway onto a smaller street and was clocked right after I veered onto the road, I didnt really have time to slow down right after but the officer said i should have entered the road going 35mph. I passed the police officer going 35mph, but I assume he clocked me earlier as i was coming toward him. Anyways, could I used a prayer for judgement on this? No one in my family has used one yet. I am trying to keep from getting points on my licience and I do not want my insurance up. Any way i can get out of this? I really appreciate it, Thanks a lot and Take Care,

LSCAP

The cop was probably right. You don't enter I-40 or I-95 (that have 65-70 limits), at 35mph. On the exit ramp you should slow to the local street limit before entering the street. The sign is normally visible before you reach the end of the exit ramp. IE. if you can see a speed limit sign, that's it.

You could talk to the DA. If he lets you plead to nine miles or less over the limit it's not supposed to effect your insurance. A guilty to speeding with less than three years driving and your insurance will go through the roof.

The politicians have been playing with new license laws here in NC, so I don’t remember how it effects your new license, but especially If the DA wont give you a break, such as reducing to equipment violation, you had better ask for a postponement and get a lawyer. Preferably one who is familiar with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">