• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in NH...Sorta

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpgray

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I live in PA and recently vacationed in New Hampshire. On my way home at about 5 in the morning I was tagged doing 89 in a 65 (according to ticket). I had my cruise set to 74 and my GPS was reading 73. The officer was traveling on the opposite side of the road with a 4ft median in between lanes. When I was pulled over, I was compliant with the officer, not admitting any guilt and was issued a $350 ticket for 89 MPH in a 65 Zone. I feel that the officer took advantage of the fact that I was out of state and would most likely just pay the ticket.

I have a couple questions:

1. If I just bite the bullet, and pay this ticket, will there be any points or anything that transfer to my PA driver's License?

2. Is there a way to fight this ticket without going to court, being that I am about 7 hours away?

3. If I do go to court because it is only about a $200 trip with plane and rental car, does the officer need to be present? (In PA, if the issuing officer does not show, you are found not guilty due to lack of prosecution) What are my chances that I could win if the officer shows up?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Maestro64

You got hit with moving radar and and it does not surprise me it added over 10 MPH onto what you might have been doing.

Next, NH is not like PA when it comes to fighting tickets and your probably right that took advantage of an out of state license. Even if you came fully prepare to fight a moving radar ticket. They may not listen since it was probably only you and officer on the road.

As for points PA does not accept points from no other state mostly for the above reason. PA laws are pretty fair unlike many other states.

jpgray

There were a handful of other cars on the road around me...but if I don't have to worry about points it's not worth it. For $100 difference I'll just pay the fine. Especially if I thought there was a chance I couldn't win. Thanks for the info; I was really in the dark with this one.:confused:

On a side note...or question, If I don't voluntarily offer this information on this ticket to my insurance company, will they find out. Will this be put on my driving record or is that also a state controlled record?

Thanks again.

joelyons09

yeah, i recently got a speeding ticket in NH, and my court date is on monday. what are the ruses if the cop doesnt show up? some of you may remember my 84in a 35 ticket.

-Joe

JustAPal00

Your insurance company shouldn't find out. The state of PA won't even find out if you pay the fine. If you make some sort of change in your policy in the next three years your insurance company will run a check on your PA license, and since they don't know, you will be fine!

JustAPal00

yeah, i recently got a speeding ticket in NH, and my court date is on monday. what are the ruses if the cop doesnt show up? some of you may remember my 84in a 35 ticket.

-Joe
He'll be there! If he couldn't work it in his schedule they would have rescheduled the hearing, it happened to me once! 84 in a 35? WOW how much was the fine? How long was the suspension? Did you do time?

dmchicago

New Hampshire Speeding Ticket

I got a speeding ticket in New Hampshire over Labor Day weekend. 83mph in a 65mph. I will pay the $250 fine, but does anyone know how I ... #1)Avoid getting any points on my license? #2)Avoid an increase in insurance premiums due to the ticket?
I live in Massachusetts (new to the state). Please help! Thanks.

joelyons09

He'll be there! If he couldn't work it in his schedule they would have rescheduled the hearing, it happened to me once! 84 in a 35? WOW how much was the fine? How long was the suspension? Did you do time?
There was no ammount he could write on the ticket. He didnt arrest me, but i have court this monday. and im dreading the ammount of time it will be suspended. but i live not far from work so it wouldnt be too bad of a problem. However money is not a worry of mine. This is my first offence however. so i have no idea whats going to happen. Like the person above me, it was a NH ticket on a MA license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">