• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in NJ - Parsippany

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dafrostman

I was given a speeding ticket yesterda 1/27/06 for doing 80 in a 65 on Route 80 East bount(supposedly). I know for a fact I was not speeding - averaging between 60 - 62 mph. The trooper told me he had been following me on the road for about a mile. This I know to be a lie because the stretch of the highway I was on was only about a mile long if you include the on ramp from rte. 287 and the off ramp (Lake Hawthorne) in which I was getting off the highway from. He had asked me if I had been drinking because he smelled liquor in my car and I told him "Truth" the liquor smell was from the passenger I was driving home. When he came back with my ticket and proceeded to read me my rights regarding the ticket, I asked him if I could ask him a question (never once being rude or disrespectful). He told me in so many words that if I would like to continue this conversation that we could see in fact if the alcohol smell was from the passenger or not (pretty much threatening me). With that type of attitude that I had to deal with, I told him I didn't want to aggrivate the situation and just asked him if he could repeat how long he had been following me for. He repeated for a mile, and at that I took my ticket and left. I am going to fight this ticket but would appreciate any advice from the information I provided that could help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">