• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding and no insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WizardGrim

I was driving through Wyoming on the way to Denver, Co after leaving my sick father in law in a Hospice center in Casper Wyo. My plan was to drive into Denver that Friday the 18th of March for a doctor’s appt, and then return to Casper Wyo that same evening, because I knew my father in law didn't have much time left. On the Trip into Denver I received a speeding ticket in Wyoming driving 109 in a 75, and also for no insurance. I realize I was probably way to stressed to be driving, and after receiving the ticket I set my cruise control on 75 for rest of trip, and deiced not to return to Wyo till the following morning. Unfortunately my father in law died that Friday evening. I was hoping maybe if I provided proof of these events maybe the court would be a little lenient on me. I would appreciate any advice.

WizardGrim

Is there something wrong with my post?

Just curious why I have received no replies?

All I want to know is if I present facts that my father in law truly passed that same evening would the court allow me to plea bargain for a lesser charge?

Should I plea no contest so I can present my case to the Judge?

I completely understand I was in the wrong at the time of being sited. I just would like to know does the court ever take sympathy on cases such as this?

I have never been to court before, and I must admit I am stressing over this issue. Is there a chance I will have to go to jail when I appear on my court date?

Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">