• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding - Radar Gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrCary

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Hi!

Somebody I know recently got stopped for speeding. There were going 51 in a 40MPH Zone. When pulled over by the police he asked if he could show him the radar gun. The officer responded, 'I don't have to show you anything.'

It mentions https://law.freeadvice.com/general_practice/traffic_law/speeding_radar.htm that I do have to right to see the radar gun.

My question is: How can I prove in court that the police officer refused to show me the gun? Did he really have to show it to me if I requested it?

Thanks...

racer72

The information given at the link you supplied is incorrect. The officer does not have to show you the radar gun.

M

MrCary

Ok Thanks... what about the latter part of that page?

"You'll need to do some work, but you can also subpoena the calibration records for the gun. In California, for example, if it wasn't calibrated within the last 10 days of your stop, you win."

Do you know what the law in Memphis, TN is for that? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">