• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in Raleigh, NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yoshar

Hello all, i just recieved a ticket and was looking for some advice. i got pulled over doing 67 in a 45, and was wondering if i should just use my pfj or if i should try and get it reduced to 9 over. i have had one other ticket, which was exceeding 45 in a 45 and the DA said i just needed to pay court costs because he would just drop it for me..

thank you for any advice in advanced

You should have a shot at either, depends if you need to save the wild card for something more serious (22 over might be close the the judges tollerance for a PJC)

If you can't get either one, plead not guilty and come back with legal help.

Trafficpoints

yoshar

so i am allowed to go by myself and plead for a pfj, and if he doesnt accept it i am allowed to plead not guilty and get a lawyers help?

will this make it worse tho than just coming with a lawyer in the first place?

thanks

yoshar

just another question, if i move out from my parents and am by myself, that means my pfj wont affect my parents household at all , correct?

thanks

lwpat

If you are on your parents insurance you are still considered a member of the household. Find out the office hours of the ADA and go by an try to settle it before your court date. If you are over 18, it would be a good idea to get your own vehicle and insurance so your parents could not be sued if you have a major accident. In NC some attorney might take this for 75 to 100. Up to you since you can probably do just as well on your own. If you are not satisfied with what they offer, you can always get a continuance to retain an attorney.

yoshar

alrighty, court date coming up soon

so when i walk in i should just plead not guilty and ask the judge for a pfj, or should i talk to the D.A. and see if he will drop to a 9 over if i plead guilty?

and if not then i ask for a continance and get an attorney?

haha sorry this is my 2nd time in court, i am kind of clueless

thanks a bunch

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">