• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding and reckless driving tickets both at the same time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garth9191

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Its two o'clock in the morning, its raining and im driving home. i get pulled over. The officer says that he was pacing me at 80mph. But then goes on to tell me that i started to speed up and pull away from him. he claims to have been doing 120mph trying to catch me and i was pulling away from him. i drive a 99 honda civic, with 100 horsepower, there is no way that i could have pulled away from a trooper, and not to mention my buddy was right behind me this whole time, saw the whole thing happen. so the cop was trying to say we were all doing over 120 mph?? takes my liscence and insurance, comes back and has me sign two tickets. one for 100+ mph in a 65 and the other is reckless driving, swerving in and out of traffic. (there was no traffic at two in the morning besides me, the officer and my buddy.) can i get two tickets like that? and how would i stand in court with my friend as a witness and my car not being able to go over a hundred mph even if i tried???

Hey There

The Ball is in your court

4-6-08
garth9191

The owners manual should give the top speed and acceleration rate of your Honda Civic 99.
A weather report for the day of the citation, the usual traffic conditions on the road on the day and time you are cited would verify what those conditions were.
A witness appearing in court to validate the road conditions (# of cars on the road, weather conditions and speed driver is travelling is invaluable when presenting evidence to validate the driver's contention that he isn't guilty of the citation he was issued.
On the traffic tickets did the officer mark the weather conditions as raining? Did he mark the traffic as heavy? moderate?light?
A few sites that give a driver contesting a speeding violation guidelines to prepare a proper defence are
1.Scoping Out Your Traffic Ticket--2.Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining 3.Speeding Ticket FAQ
OK DMV typed in the Google Search Window will give sites to click on for points assigned to traffic violations upon conviction.

Best Regards,
Hey There

garth9191

well i hope the ball stays in my court

here is what the reckless driving ticket says:
47-11-901a Reckless driving in rain.
And in officers remarks, it says speeding over 100+ weaving in and out of traffic......but he never marked on that ticket how he knew i was speeding. all the boxes are blank.will that just fall back on the speeding ticket he wrote me?

here is what the speeding ticket says:
47-11-801 Speeding 100+ in 65mph zone.

I was looking for mistakes that the officer would have made while he was filling the tickets out. I believe i only found one, on the reckless driving ticket, he marked the highway type as Undivided, when in fact it is divided. And on the other ticket he marked it divided, can that help my defense in any way??

Hey There

Clicking, Reading, Finds Information,

4-7-08

Any discrepancy can bring into question of how well the officer observes things. However, contesting a traffic ticket in court for speeding and reckless driving involves other factors that are more important such as if the method used to determine the speed of the cited driver gave an incorrect speed the driver was accuately travelling.
OK uses pacing,aircraft, VASCAR,radar.
All of these have room for error. Weather conditions MAY also have an adverse effect on a correct reading.The officer didn't mark what the traffic was like? or if the rain was Heavy or Light ?
A local librarian should know of any books available on fighting traffic tickets as well.
Keep us posted

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">