• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding on Rt. 476

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njerseyjaime

What is the name of your state? PA

I was caught by the pennsylvania state troopers on rt. 476 doing 85 (posted is 65). This is my first ticket ever (I'm 23), and I'm used to New Jersey, which means that if you go to court that they will normally reduce or get rid of the points but you still have to pay the fine. Please Help! I don't know who to call or what to do... I just don't want the points to go on my record... is there any hope for me?

Leviticus

njerseyjaime said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I was caught by the pennsylvania state troopers on rt. 476 doing 85 (posted is 65). This is my first ticket ever (I'm 23), ...is there any hope for me?
You must give us more details before we can assess your case.
Weather, traffic conditions, time of day, trooper's location in relation to you, radar/laser/pacing etc. etc.

njerseyjaime

Conditions for ticket

I was tagged by a radar. The state trooper was off to the right, hiding behind an embankment. I was in the left lane and let off the accelerator as soon as I saw him. It was dry and just before sunset, around 4:32pm. I was on my way back to school and about 2 miles from the Lake Harmony exit. Please let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks!

sukharev

Well, from your description there is not much you can do. You have to choose if you'd like to fight the ticket. If yes, then browse internet as well as read previous posts on this forum (how to do discovery, question forks, radar testing and calibration, etc.).

If you'd like to negotiate a plea, you can do so pretty much like in NJ. With 20 over you will probably get points regardless, but may have less damage to your record after negotiating. Good luck.

njerseyjaime

I'm not going to fight it. I know what I was doing, and I don't expect to weasel out of this ticket. However, I was hoping that I would be able to at least find a way to reduce the points. So my best bet would be to call the clerk and get ahold of the D.A.? I'm just not sure how this is all done. Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">