• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding? SC resident in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

firsttimesc

What is the name of your state?SC

I was given a ticket for speeding 81 in a 65 mph zone in NC. First ticket in over 30 years and new to the area. Need advice on what to do.I evidently have to show up in court?Does my insurance company get notified?Can this be reduced to a lesser infraction?Any idea the cost?Sorry for all the questions...ignorance of the law....I appreciate any help.

lwpat

If you can show up for court they will reduce the violation and the fine. In the past NC has not reported speeding tickets back to SC. You can check with the NC DMV to see if that is still the case.

In any event it is unlikely that your insurance company will see the ticket unless you make a change in your policy. They do not check every year, especially for long time policy holders with good reciords.

Lwpat - Could it make a difference that in NC 80+ and 15 over are "reckless" and recorded as class 2 (I think) misdemeanors in NC?

I believe reckless is a mandatory NC court appearance so he will be required to showup for court or appoint an attorney?

firsttimesc - don't worry, first offense reductions seem to be very common. Bad part is the time or $$$ it will take to minimize the damage.

F

firsttimesc

Thankyou so much for your feedback. I'll let you know what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">