• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding In School Zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MPCUTIE6

Speeding In School Zone please help not sure what to plead

What is the name of your state? OH

I recently got pulled over in Norton, Oh for doing 45 mph in a 20 mph school zone. I received a ticket for speeding and not wearing a seatbelt (which i always wear i just didnt have it on at that time, I don't know why). Well I don't know what to plead in court because I admit I was not wearing my seatbelt.

On the speeding violation I had taken one road and pulled into a plaza then came out a differant way onto another road, which is where I received my ticket. There are no school signs posted on the route that I drove. I went back and drove differant roads to see what the posted hours are for the school zone and there is a sign that says 20 mph school zone during restricted hours, but the sign that has the hours on it is cover by the school zone sign so I'm still not sure what the school zone hours are. I did take pictures of the roads I drove and also this sign. I dont know what to plead or say to the judge I have never had a ticket or been to court if someone could please help me I thank you in advance I go to court on May 2nd.

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

MPCUTIE6 said:
What is the name of your state? OH

I RECENTLY GOT PULLED OVER IN NORTON, OH FOR 45 IN 20 MPH SCHOOLZONE AND NOT WEARING A SEATBELT (WHICH I ALWAYS WEAR JUST NOT THAT DAY I DUNNO WHY) WELL ANY WAY I DONT KOW WHAT TO PLEAD BECAUSE I WAS NOT WEARING MY SEAT BELT I ADMIT TO THAT BUT I HAD TAKEN ONE ROAD WHICH PULLED INTO A PLAZA WENT TANNING THEN CAME OUT ON A DIFFERANT ROAD WHICH IS WHERE I GOT MY TICKET I TOOK PICTURES BECAUSE THE ROUTE I TOOK THERE WERE NO SCHOOL SIGNS POSTED SO I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS A SCHOOL ZONE (I TOOK PICTURES FOR COURT) I WENT BACK TO SEE WHEN THE SCHOOL ZONE HOURS WERE AND THERE IS A SIGN COMING FROM THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION I WAS GOING STATING 20 MPH SCHOOL ZONE DURING RESTRICTED HOURS AND THEN THE SIGN THAT HAS THESE HOURS IS COVERED UP BY THE 20 MPH SIGN SO I STILL DONT KNOW THE RESTRICTED HOURS SO I STAY AWAY FROM THAT AREA BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO PLEAD I HAVE NEVER HAD A TICKET IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE HELP I GO TO COURT ON THE 25TH. THANK YOU

“God invented paragraphs and sentences to make written communication easier by breaking up major ideas into smaller chunks. Try using them sometime. One long unbroken string of words is hard to read.”

--DebtGuy

Standard answer on long and/or rambling posts:

Cut it in half

Use paragraphs

Leave out editorial comments

Ask three questions

Do not use all caps...it is excessively rude and equivalent to shouting in someone’s ear.

You will be more likely to get someone to help you if you do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">