• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in a test mile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fast Fred

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I was caught speeding in a "test mile". The signs are just outside my hometown and are on both sides of the US highway. They say "test mile". I just put a bigger rear tire on my motorcycle and was timing the speed in the test mile. The speedometer was right on 60 so it should have taken me 60 seconds but just before the end of the test I see the red lights in my mirror! I tried to explain to the state patrol what I was doing but he did not care. I think this is B.S.! :mad: What is the test mile for!:confused: Can I get out of this?

Thanks,

FRED

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I was caught speeding in a "test mile". The signs are just outside my hometown and are on both sides of the US highway. They say "test mile". I just put a bigger rear tire on my motorcycle and was timing the speed in the test mile. The speedometer was right on 60 so it should have taken me 60 seconds but just before the end of the test I see the red lights in my mirror! I tried to explain to the state patrol what I was doing but he did not care. I think this is B.S.! :mad: What is the test mile for!:confused: Can I get out of this?

Thanks,

FRED

**A: the test mile is for the cops to be tested in how many tickets they can give out in in that mile.

Maestro64

**A: the test mile is for the cops to be tested in how many tickets they can give out in in that mile.
Now that's funny...

And these test miles are exactly for the purpose of people to make sure their Odometer measures exactly a one mile.

When I drive in Ohio, I was a bit suspicious of them, since they are set up in 55 or 50 MPH zones not 60 or 65 zone and most people would run it up to 60 to see if they covered the distance in 60 second.

To the op, I am assuming you just did not zip by the officer sitting on the side of the road and he was most likely on the other side using moving radar and flipped a u-turn on you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">