• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Through a School Zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RogerBlade78

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I wanted to know what the deal is with the law regarding speeding through a school zone in the state of colo. in particular col. springs. My girlfriend got tagged the other day doing 29 in a school zone (i think the limit is 20 and I am unsure about the time, whethere the lights were flashing, etc) and they scheduled her for a court date at the time of the ticket. Is this a misdemeanor? She was given 4 points on her license (careless driving?). She's pretty worked up and thinks she's going to jail:) What is the typical course for a case like this, a fine and points on your license or is their jail time or mandatory public service (i doubt it, but nonetheless i want to calm her fears if i can)? Any info you can provide would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Shay-Pari'e

No one could tell you the outcome, but I'm amazed she is so worked up about it.

Imagine the parents watching her speeding through the school zone,**************I bet you never saw "Worked Up Parents".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">