• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magoo_2bd

What is the name of your state? new jersey
i was on a two lane highway with a speed limit of 65. i was in the left lane doing approx. 70-75. a car came up from my right, passed me, and got in front of me. they were probably doing about 90. about a few hundred yards down the road there was an officer clocking speed and when they the car in front of me saw him they slammed on their brakes to slow down to speed. this brought them to about one or two car lengths in front of me. we were both pulled over and given tickets for 85 in a 65 plus i got another for following too close. first off, i was not doing 85 and second, it was the driver in front of me stopping short. can he clock us both at the same time? do i have any defense in court for this? thanks.

J

jimmyv

unless they were shooting radar from a helicopter they didn't get you on radar. bring it to court . what he did was figure that you wwere following too close so he assumed you were keeping right up with the guy in front of you the whole time. but i got to wonder how when he slowed down how you got to catch back up to him so quickly. either way fight it and make the cop show up to court, that always pisses them off. usually when you fight a ticket they reduce the cost. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">