• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Texas Caroline

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Texas

A ticket was received in a different county/city than the one I live in. What does judification mean? Someone told me that if this is filed(?), you agree not to drive in that county/city again for 90 days. The ticket will then be dismissed. Is this possible and an option?

C

CombatTN88

Texas Caroline said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Texas

A ticket was received in a different county/city than the one I live in. What does judification mean? Someone told me that if this is filed(?), you agree not to drive in that county/city again for 90 days. The ticket will then be dismissed. Is this possible and an option?
The justrication means authority in your area. For example, police in that country has authority to arrest a person in that country, but do not have authority to arrest that person in a different country.

Yeah. That county which you got a ticket was one who has authorization to refuse you from driving in that county, but can't do anything about other counties.

Do that to get ticket dismissed. I got my ticket dismissed in 90 days if I do not get any moving violations (mine was in Dallas, TX when that happened).

Be careful and make your insurance way LOW.

Regards, Combat

Rochelle

Combat, she said judification not jurisdiction. Two different things entirely. Judification relates to a court order, which if I am not mistaken, means that if the judges orders you not to drive in that area or county or city and you agree, then the charge could be dismissed. I've never seen that happen here. Hopefully, IAAL will read this and clarify it for you.

I believe that the 90 day issue pertains to not receiving another ticket while you are taking care of the current ticket (defensive driving & paying court costs/fees plus pleading guilty or nolo contendre) in order for the ticket to be dismissed. I don't think I've heard of anyone being restricted from driving in a county for a simple traffic ticket.

The police station should have all the info and the forms needed to take care of this ticket. Answer and fulfill all the requirements of the court by the date ordered or a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

In a nutshell, you will have to enter a plea. Obtain a copy of your driving record. Pay the court costs, take a dd course and show proof of insurance and provide proof of dd by the deadline to get the ticket dismissed. Or you can simply plead and pay the fine. Or you can plead not guilty and fight the ticket.

Contact the issuing police dept for further instructions. You should get a brochure on municipal court procedures from them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">