• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jzell

What is the name of your state? missouri
I received a speeding ticket in missouri. I asked the officer to see the radar. He said,"I don't have to show you that." I moved from missouri. forgot about the ticket. it was a kansas license that got suspended. i paid the ticket to meet the kansas requirement, but now that i live in philadelphia, i don't know what to do to dispute this ticket and get my money back. i was told the officer was supposed to show me the radar gun. i questioned this (the speed) the entire time because i had a radar/laser detector. what should i do to get my money back or did paying the ticket admit my guilt?

K

knorris

I am not a police officer but I saw no one had given you an answer. so I asked my father and Brother who are both in law enforcment and this is what they told me. an officer is not reguired to show you his radar though dad and brother both told me they do. as for can you get your money back propibly not. if you felt the ticket was unfair you should of to gone to court and disputed it then. Kathie[/B]

Rochelle

There is no law requiring an officer to show you the radar. That is entirely up to the officer. So whomever told you anything else is mistaken. Also, the fact that you own the detector would not hold up. Contrary to what everyone says, they don't work as well against leo.

No, you won't be able to get your money back. You paid the ticket and that is that.

Bravo8

In Pa, you have the right to appeal the Magistrate's decision (the judge that handles traffic cases) within 30 days.....even if you originally pled guilty.

If more than 30 days.......you're S.O.L.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">