• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coletrain01

What is the name of your state? GA
i was driving and turned at an intersection when i turned on the road there was no speed limit sign then a cop passed me going the other direction when we passed each other about 30-50 yards down the road there was a speed limit sign posted it was 40mph. i was going 46 maybe but he turned around and gave me a ticket going 55 in a 40 and the ticket says he used radar
i was wondering if he can use his radar when he is going in the opposite direction . and i was not going 55 it was also a company vehicle can i beat it???

D

dabear

Yes he/she can detect your speed traveling in the opposite direction. It is commonly known as the (mover). There are two speed windows on the mover, a target speed which detects a violators speed and a patrol speed which detects the speed of the patrol vehicle. These can be skewed, I won't go into detail how for obvious reasons. The officers are trained on how to work these and how a speed can be skewed.

1mafia

Well from what I've read yes you can fight the speeding ticket. if you look on the internet there are sites that talk about trees being clocked at 26 miles per hour. Radar is not alone accurate enough, any one that puts absolute faith in these units are just plain nuts, let me give you an example,. Once I received a speeding ticket for 37 in 25 I might have been speeding dont remember but its how the officer said he used radar to gauge my speed that bothers me. He said he bounced it off another parked car in front of him and targeted my vehicle from behind. I find this highly unlikely and absurd as well . I did argue how this was impossible and the officer threaten to arrest me I paid the ticket and went on with my life. Not all police officers understand or care to understand the correct operation and use of radar, and some just plain abuse that fact it exist and are willing to bet if it comes to court there word is all that is needed. I personally will fight any and every ticket I receive in the future, its my right and my duty to defend myself against cops who need to meet monthly quotas and dont care how they do it. In the end its the Public who pays! Dont give up fight the ticket if you beleive you are right. after all it generates millions of dollars of revenue each year in the United States alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">