• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joysgirl2

What is the name of your state? NC
My 17 year old son was pulled over for speeding last week. He was sited for driving 62 mph in a 35 zone. Since, this is his first offense how would he go about asking the judge for lenience, and attending driving school?

HomeGuru

joysgirl2 said:
What is the name of your state? NC
My 17 year old son was pulled over for speeding last week. He was sited for driving 62 mph in a 35 zone. Since, this is his first offense how would he go about asking the judge for lenience, and attending driving school?

**A: in Court, have him get down on his hands and knees and beg for mercy.

D

djprice

no lenience under 40

Good luck, I suggest you try to fight it. Of course my knowledge of traffic law is pretty much Georgia only. First thing above all else is to show up for court, don't just pay the ticket and forget it. I don't know if a Juvenile can do that in NC they can't here. You're son can ask for a contiuance while he gathers appropriate materials to fight the ticket. Gauranteed at the first appearance in court if the Issuing Officer does not show the judge isn't gonna throw out the case for lack of prosecution; because it deals with a Juvenile offender. If you wish further info reply.

M

Mike101

As an officer in the state of North Carolina I would advise one of two things. First is to get a good lawyer. Second choice is to get a good pair of walking shoes for your son.
Due to the age of your son and the speed he was clocked at the judge is probably going to come down hard.
Talk to an attorney. That will probably save you in the long run.

joysgirl2

Son's Speeding Ticket

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken with an attorney, but I thought considering this was my son's first offense, I could prepare the case and have my son present it. I feel, since he was the one speeding, he should present the case himself. I have to admit though, he is in 12th grade and an A,B honor student. He just did something stupid!
Again thank you.

joysgirl2

Just thought I might let you all know, my son didn't have to get down on his hands and knees to beg for mercy. The attorney I hired got both tickets reduced to non-moving violations!
Gail

spawn_x

". I feel, since he was the one speeding, he should present the case himself."

So don't pay for the lawyer and let him figure it out himself ??

HomeGuru

joysgirl2 said:
Just thought I might let you all know, my son didn't have to get down on his hands and knees to beg for mercy. The attorney I hired got both tickets reduced to non-moving violations!
Gail
**A: that's a good attorney. Now give a copy of the invoices to your son and ask him how does he intend to pay you back.

joysgirl2

I didn't have to. He paid for the attorney and both tickets out of his savings account.
I was not going to pay for them, since I wasn't the one driving.

Again, thank you for your replies.
Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">