• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sherrib76

What is the name of your state? Washington State
I recently got a traffic ticket, supposedly I was going 15 miles per hour over the speed limit, which I do not believe, I think he just needed a reason to check me out. He said he clocked me on radar coming the opposite direction. I know for a fact that my spedometer is right on because my husband had it tested. We just had the car a few months and wanted to be sure. I was tyraveling approx: 42 miles per hour and the speed limit was 40.
I think I must have looked nervous. I want to know if radar is a total accurate. Could this be wrong. And can I prove that radar is not alway accurate

L

loocpoc

Is your speedometer certified? Radar is probably acurate about 95% of the time.

S

sherrib76

I'm not sure if I know what it is to have a certified spedometer???

K

Kaz the Minotau

That means do you have documentation from a garage/person/business that does speedometer testing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">