• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lunardogz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I lived in California. A few weeks ago I got a ticket from the CHP for speeding. The officer pulled me over and wrote me up for speeding. After the officer left. I examined the ticket and he have also including no front license plate and front window being too tinted. He failed to mention those two when he gave me the ticket. The tinting on the windows were not illegally tinted. I have proof it was done legally. He have also failed to write down the correct address on the ticket. Can I use his credibility against him to have the judge drop the charges?

CdwJava

lunardogz said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I lived in California. A few weeks ago I got a ticket from the CHP for speeding. The officer pulled me over and wrote me up for speeding. After the officer left. I examined the ticket and he have also including no front license plate and front window being too tinted. He failed to mention those two when he gave me the ticket. The tinting on the windows were not illegally tinted. I have proof it was done legally. He have also failed to write down the correct address on the ticket. Can I use his credibility against him to have the judge drop the charges?
Virutally ANY after-sale tinting done to the front windows of a motor vehicle is going to be illegal in CA. In general, the max. allowable tint is that which comes on the vehicle at the time of the original sale in CA.

As for the address, a clerical mistake or a natural error (like your DL address not being current) is NOT going to get you off.

So, remove the tinting, put on the front plate, and get at least those two violations signed off before court. You might impress the judge or commissioner into giving you a minimal hit on the speed violation.

- Carl

N

NotACopOrLawyer

Plead not guilty, take it to trial. Every time!

Everyone should plead not guilty, take their ticket to trial, every time !

Why? Because more than half the time the officers do not show up for the trial, and that requires an automatic dismissal. And, if they do show up, you can still give up, ask for traffic school, and get it.

So, plead not guilty, get the equipment violations corrected, and go to trial.

NACOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">