• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michele17

Maryland

On the day of court, can I go to the clerk and ask to pay the fine of $275.00 and drop the points? I was clocked at 71 in 40. I was in the fast lane and there was a van next to me but, in front of me and a car next to me. The officer was on the shoulder of the road on the right and I was in the fast lane on 83 (left lane) He stopped the van and pulled me over. I asked him why did you pull me over and not the van. He said he got me at 938 feet away. I asked him how did you clock me and not the van. I said does the radar gun say a specific car? He didn't have an answer for me. I plan to go to court but, since I asked a few questions to him I'm wondering if I'll get socked no matter what I say. I know this officer was on duty for just tickets that day so, he will appear in court. It's sad to feel as if the defendant has no rights and the legal system seems to never be on the defendant's side. You plead not guilty and they side with the officer and say guilty. WHY? Everyone makes mistakes so, it's possible they pull people over who aren't guilty?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">