• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ankit1982

Speeding Ticket - PLEASE LOOK AT THIS !!!!

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Today Morning, at 5:20 AM, I was driving on Local Route. Speed Limit was 40 mps and I was going 65 mps. I got pulled over, and I got a ticket for speeding 25 mps over than the speed limit.

My Question !!!

(1) I chcked Moter Vehicle Website, and 25 mps over is 4 Points Ticket. I have to attend the court for that. But, would i be able to release all these points if I talk to procecuter and pay double money and do not take any points.

(2) What should I tell them? I was going to work, that s what I told the police officer but he did not listen to me.

(3) FYI: My Record was clear up to today :(

Please help me ... what should I do in this scenario? Thank you very much in advanced.

Last edited:

racer72

1. It's up to the prosecutor and judge. Ask them.

2. Since when is going to work an excuse for speeding? It's not and it's a pretty lame excuse too.

3. Not anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">