• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dizzle12

What is the name of your state? MASS

i got pulled over while i was on cruise control at 40mph in a 40mph zone, the officer said to me "taking a joyride in your parents mercedes?" im 18 in my dads old eclass, i have never recieved a ticket or even been pulled over before and he wrote 50mph in a 40

somehwere i heard that if you do not recieve a court date within 45 days you get off because they violated your right to a speedy trial. Is this true?

is there any law on how often radar guns have to be calibrated? if so, how do i suponed the calibration logs from the police station

ecmst12

Cruise control does not prevent you from speeding. It aims to keep you around the speed you set it at, but especially if you are going downhill your actual speed can go over.

It was posted somewhere else that traffic violations are summary offenses and not covered under the speedy trial rule. Not sure if that necessarily applies in your case.

sukharev

Forget about speedy trial. Let's start with more details.

1) Which road did this happen on?
2) What does it say, radar or lidar on the ticket? Also, does it say estimated, too (maybe a checked box)?
3) Does the ticket have any distance estimate on it? If not, what you think the distance was from you to the cop when he first saw you?

To answer your question, you can do 2 things: submit a discovery request (look that up on the web), or Freedom of Information Act request. The latter takes longer to receive back (~40 days), so you need to submit both ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">