• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manmadmax

What is the name of your state? I am got cited in Rolling Hills, California. My question is when I am already out of my vechicle, can the officer still stop me and give me a ticket for speeding? I was already out of my car waking and the officer ordered to back to my car.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? I am got cited in Rolling Hills, California. My question is when I am already out of my vechicle, can the officer still stop me and give me a ticket for speeding? I was already out of my car waking and the officer ordered to back to my car.
Yes - absolutely.

The Occultist

Genius! From now on, any time I see those lights come on behind me, I'm going to park, and then just walk away to avoid a citation! :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I've posted this before...but a friend of mine had a similar situation. He was parked in his driveway and walking towards his front door when the motorcycle cop pulled in to his driveway. My friend asked "can you give me a ticket on my own driveway?" The officer replied "Look, it took me that long to catch up to you!"

CdwJava

Yes, the officer CAN do that. It's not a game of tag where you reach "base" by getting out of your car.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">